About our Club
Welcome to the website of Minehead Cycling Club. The club, based in West Somerset, aims to encourage cycling in all its forms. The club was formed in 1984, and some of the original members are still active.
We have club runs on Sunday mornings, Weds afternoons during BST and mornings during GMT. These rides cover W Somerset, Exmoor National Park and sometimes venture into Devon. Although there are lots of hills around here, the countryside is spectacular. The Sunday ride is divided into 3 groups depending on whether you wish to ride as fast as possible, or just take it easy.
THE MINEHEAD GRAND PRIX (FESTIVAL OF WHEELS) TAKES PLACE ON SUN 24TH JUNE 2018. SEE POST BELOW TO ENTER
THE NEXT PORLOCK HILL CLIMB WILL TAKE PLACE ON 30TH SEPT. SEE http://www.porlockhillclimb.co.uk
THE SPRING AUDAX WILL TAKE PLACE ON 22ND APRIL, SEE http://www.aukweb.net
- Hill climbs run for club members during the summer months
- September Open hill-climb time trial on the 4.2 mile Porlock Toll Road (closed to traffic!)
- Spring and Autumn audaxes
- Several sessions at Newport Indoor Velodrome each winter
- Massed start road race (new for 2016)
- weekly programme of activities for the under 16’s (Minehead Merlins GoRide)
If you are a visitor to Minehead, or are wondering whether to join, you are welcome to come along and try the Sunday morning rides.
We meet for a drink and chat at Kildare Lodge, Townsend Rd, Minehead on Thurs evenings.
Minehead Cycling Club is affiliated to British Cycling, the Road Time Trials Council and Cycling UK (formerly the Cyclists Touring Club).